Project Child Find
The Somerset Hills School District recognizes the importance of providing services to children with special needs through its Project Child Find efforts. An evaluation for children and adult students ages 3 to 21 can be provided to those who appear to have delays in communication, motor, social-emotional, or learning areas. The evaluation is available to preschoolers; to highly mobile students with disabilities, such as migrant and homeless students; and to students who may be disabled even though they are advancing from grade to grade. Children found to be eligible for special education and related services are entitled to free and appropriate special education programming and related services.
If you have a child who appears to have one or more of the following signs:
- significant delays in acquiring language or significant speech delays
- significant difficulty walking, running, or manipulating small objects
- frequent health problems or disabilities present from birth
- consistent difficulty with seeing or hearing
- tendency toward temper tantrums or excessive anxiety or shyness
- significant difficulty playing appropriately with other children; and/or significant difficulties paying attention and listening
Please contact the Department of Student Services at 908-630-3013. More information about Project Child Find can be found at www.nj.gov/education/specialed/childfind.