We hope you enjoyed your summer and are ready for the new school year.
We’ve listed some of the things taking place while school was not in session. Many summer curriculum projects were completed this summer by teachers and administrators. These include:
1. Social Studies K-4 curriculum updates to create more coherence.
2. Middle school grade 7 math will move to the Connected Math program.
3. High school English courses were improved to reflect the professional development work in writing completed this year with Dr. Meixner, our consultant from The College of NJ.
In addition, the buildings have been cleaned and classrooms are being prepared. Technology has been upgraded, including our new District Web Site. Some of the maintenance projects completed are:
- Additional security cameras have been installed throughout the district.
- Bernardsville Middle School’s all purpose room is in the process of being completely redone.
- The parking lots and roadways at the Bedwell and Middle School campus have been repaved and restriped.
- Tennis courts have been completely refinished.
- Refurbishment of grass areas for the baseball and softball fields at the high school.
- New scoreboard for softball field.
- Demolition in the old auditorium at Bernards High nearly complete.
- Roof replacement project at Bernards High nearly complete.
We are welcoming new staff members into the district. Eight teachers will be at Bedwell this September, Bernardsville Middle School has three new teachers and nine new teachers will start at Bernards High School.
We encourage you to check our website for ongoing updates and information.
Have a great school year!
Dr. Frances Wood